Pelengkung G-land Beach Becomes Favorite Surfing For World Surfers – Banyuwangi is one of the cities in East Java which borders directly with Bali Island. Banyuwangi is currently intensively making improvements to the tourism sector for the purpose of lifting the image of the city. Banyuwangi natural beauty is not inferior to other tourist cities. After Ijen Crater of the blue fire, Banyuwangi also still has another beauty that the potential to be developed into an international tour, namely Plengkung Beach or G-land Beach of Banyuwangi.
Pelengkung G-land Beach Becomes Favorite Surfing For World Surfers
Plengkung Beach is also known as G – Land ( Pelengkung G-land Beach ) This beach became one of the favorite tourist destinations of Caucasians who like surfing or surfing hobby. How come? This beach has huge waves and rolls. These waves are sought by the activists of outdoor sports is surfing. Even this beach is said to have the best waves of Southeast Asia for surfing activities, and is one of 7 beaches with the best waves in the world.
Because it has excellent waves for surfing sports in G-land, then visitors who come are usually those who wrestle this sport. Activities that can be done is surfing with waves reaching a height of 8 meters. Surely this condition will provide a special experience for the surfer. However, if you can not do surfing and just try it out, better do not try on this beach because it is quite dangerous.
For visitors who do not have the talent of surfing and do not want to surf, then this beach can still provide the best scenery. The Pelengkung G-land Beach is one of the Exotic Places in Banyuwangi is very beautiful and can be freely navigated. Even if you want, tourists can also go aboard to watch more closely the way surfers do skill on rolling waves.
Tourists can also to enjoy the beauty of this beach by doing tracking. The beach is inside Alas Purwo National Park has various other spots that can be visited. There are also snorkeling spots, fishing spots, diving, even caving that can be done. Around there is also a turtle breeding that will provide education about turtles. please check here for Sukamade turtel Beach
Pelengkung Beach Banyuwangi is also called G Land. This name is derived from the philosophy of the formation of waves rolling and forming letters like G. There is also a saying that the letter G is taken from the bay Grajagan, which is the name of a bay directly adjacent to the beach. That is the origin of Plengkung Beach is also called G Land by the foreign tourists who come there.
Location of Pelengkung G-land Beach
Pelengkung G-land Beach of Banyuwangi is located at the southeastern tip of Java Island. This beach is one beach from the ranks of the southern coast of Java Island that borders directly with the Indian Ocean. No wonder if the waves on this beach is very large and amazing. As described above, this beach is one part of Alas Purwo National Park Banyuwangi. Alas Purwo itself is one of Banyuwangi Tourist Places which is quite wide and also has several other tourist spots.
Read more: Explore Banyuwangi Tour Package 2 Days 1 Night.
Route Towards Pelengkung G-land Beach
Route Towards Pelengkung G-land Beach While located within the National Park Alas Purwo, of course access to Plengkung Beach can be done by heading to Alas Purwo National Park. But access to the beach is still fairly difficult. This is because the location is quite remote and must pass the road that has not been perfect. However, this is precisely the main attraction of Alas Purwo National Park. Moreover, most tourists who stop there are tourist from outside of Indonesia.
The first route is a land route that can be reached from the city of Banyuwangi. From the city center of Banyuwangi itself, Monitoring Plengkung has a distance of 86 kilometers. If you want to go to this beach, you can drive through Kalipait route to Pasaranyar. From Pasaranyar, try Trianggulasi, Pancur, then find the route to Plengkung Beach.
The other route is a land route followed by the sea route, which is to go to Benculuk (from Banyuwangi town) and then to Grajagan area. From Grajagan, tourists can ride speedboats to be escorted to the beach. If you want to visit Tourist Places in East Java this one, just determine the nearest route from your current position.
– Train: You take a train from Gubeng Surabaya Station with the aim to Kali Setail Station Sempu Genteng Banyuwangi. Arriving at Kali Setail station, you immediately charter the car to Alas Purwo National Park because there are no angkot in the area here. The trip to Alas Purwo National Park takes approximately 2.5 hours. Arriving at Pancur Alas Purwo National Park, you must rent a special tropper owned by Perhutani to get to G-Land Plengkung with a duration of 40 minutes from Pancur Alas Purwo National Park.
– Bus: You take the bus to Banyuwangi from Purabaya Bungurasih Terminal. Just go down at the T-junction of the Benculuk mosque. From there you immediately charter the car to Alas Purwo National Park because there are no angkot in the area here. The trip to Alas Purwo National Park takes approximately 2 hours. Arriving at Pancur Alas Purwo National Park, you must rent a special tropper owned by Perhutani to get to G-Land Plengkung with a duration of 40 minutes from Pancur Alas Purwo National Park.
– Travel: For regular travel services (not charter drop), most travel is not willing to take you to Alas Purwo National Park. Maximum regular travel can only take you to Tegaldlimo. Unless you immediately order a charter drop from Surabaya to Pancur Alas Purwo TN with a duration of 9 hours.
– Bus: From Mengwi Denpasar terminal, you directly take the Banyuwangi bus route and get off at the Benculuk mosque junction. From there you immediately charter the car to Alas Purwo National Park because there are no angkot in the area here. The trip to Alas Purwo National Park takes approximately 2 hours. Arriving at Pancur Alas Purwo National Park, you must rent a special tropper owned by Perhutani to get to G-Land Plengkung with a duration of 40 minutes from Pancur Alas Purwo National Park.
– Travel: For regular travel services (not charter drop), most travel is not willing to take you to Alas Purwo National Park. Maximum regular travel can only take you to Tegaldlimo. Unless you immediately order a charter drop from Denpasar to Pancur Alas Purwo TN with a duration of 7 hours.
Plengkung G-land Beach Facilities
Facilities of Pelengkung G-land Beach apparently also quite complete. Although to get there required a fairly exhausting trip, but it turns out the facilities there are suitable for travel, even stay. There are hotel that can be hired to stay. Most hotels or inns there cost approximately Rp 1,000,000. Quite expensive for domestic tourists. But most of this price fits in the pockets of the Caucasians who want to stay. This location will remind you of the Most Beautiful Beach in Bali because it is more dominated by foreign tourists.
The facilities at the hotel and inn were also quite good, as with free internet facilities, good food, and comfortable beds. In addition to hotels and inns, on this beach there are also other facilities such as surfing rentals, restaurants or resto, jungle camp, bari, and much more.
As for some activities that can be done in addition to surfing on this beach include:
Fishing – There is a fishing spot on this beach that is suitable for tourists who like fishing. While fishing, tourists will be exposed to the super scenic view of the Indian Ocean in Plengkung Beach.
Playing sand – Plengkung Beach has a white sandy beach that can be used to play around the beach.
Cycling – Tourists can also cycle around this beach by renting bikes around Alas Purwo National Park.
Snorkeling and diving – There are also snorkeling and diving spots that are safe enough to use for diving to see unspoiled underwater scenery.
If you want to surf or see the attractions of the surfers, there is the best time to visit suggested, because the big waves on this beach does not occur throughout the year. The best time to surf on the beach is from April to October. So if you want to see a reliable surfer activity with a professional level of ability, come in around April to October. Especially in August, where the waves are indeed big there.
Tour Package Plengkung G-land Beach 2 Days 1 Night
Day 01 : Surabaya / Malang – Banyuwangi Hotel
- Pick up participants can be at the train station / hotel / airport in Surabaya / Malang or Bayuwangi Horbour / Airport Bilimbing Sari and then head to Banyuwangi Regency to check in the nearest hotel in Banyuwangi. A drive to the hotel from Surabaya or Malang is approximately 6, 5 hours, if ypu arrive at airport of banyuwangi takes 1 hours, after arriving, then check in the hotel and free program.
Day 02 : Hotel – Plengkung Beach – Alas Purwo – Surabaya / Malang
- Pickup from the hotel to Kalipait sub-district then to the curved beach past the Purwo pedestal, after arriving in a short break and preparing to go to the Plengkung beach by jeep to reach the curved beach, upon arriving at the Curved Beach enjoying the beauty of the beach and surfers, after feeling quite packed and delivered back by our team to Surabaya / Malang or Banyuwangi. The curved beach tour package program 2 days 1 night is complete.
- Private Transport (Driver + BBM. + AC)
(2-5 = Avansa / 6 – 7 = Innova / 8 – 12 = ELF Tourism / 13-17 = Long ELF Tourism).
- Hotels in Banyuwangi.
- Curved beach jeep tour.
- Entrance ticket for the Patai Plengkung tourist attraction.
- 600ml Mineral Water.
Which does not include:
- Lunch and dinner.
- Personal expenses.
That’s some explanation about Pelengkung G-land Beach of Banyuwangi that need to be known for tourist information for tourists who want to visit there. Hopefully useful and happy holiday.