5 Interesting Facts Behind The Beauty of Mount Bromo – Mount Bromo is part of the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. These mountains have a sea of sand and a very exotic crater, as well as beautiful sunrise views.
Mount Bromo Facts
The Bromo area is located at an altitude of 2,392 meters above sea level and is squeezed by four districts within the government area of East Java Province, namely Malang, Probolinggo, Pasuruan and Lumajang Regencies.
Five interesting facts about Mount Bromo have been summarized from various sources.
According to the history of the formation, Mount Bromo and sea of sand originated from two mountains that coincide with each other which are both called Mount Tengger (4,000 m above sea level). The mountain is the largest and highest mountain at that time. Then a small eruption occurred, volcanic material was thrown to the southeast so that it formed a large and deep valley.
Then a powerful eruption created a caldera with a diameter of more than 8 km. Because of the depth of the caldera, the volcanic material of the volcanic eruption is piled up inside and is now a sea of sand and is thought to have once been filled with water.
The continued activity of the volcanic eruption gave rise to the magma passageway in the middle of the caldera so that the mountains appear, namely Mount Widodaren, Mount Wanaka, Mount Kursi, Mount Batok and Mount Bromo, as well as causing the occurrence of sea sand.
2. Community Legend About Bromo
Based on the legend that circulated in the community, the origin of the Tengger Tribe originated from the time of King Brawijaya. At that time there was a daughter named Roro Anteng who married Joko Seger. The name Tengger is derived from the legend of Roro Anteng and Jaka Seger, which is believed to be the origin of the name Tengger, namely ‘Teng’ ending in the name Roro An-‘teng’ and ‘ger’ ending in the name of Jaka Se-‘ger ‘.
Mount Bromo itself is believed to be a sacred mountain. They called it Mount Brahma and the Javanese later called it Mount Bromo.
3. Kasada Ceremony
The Kasada ceremony is always held in December, during which many tourists visit Mount Bromo. This ceremony was conducted as a form of thanksgiving for the results of the fields and livestock of the community around Mount Bromo.
The Kasada Ceremony is a traditional holiday of the Tengger Tribe which is held every 14th day of the Kasada month in the Javanese calendar. During the ceremony, the Tengger tribe threw various offerings in the form of vegetables, fruits, livestock products, and even money into the crater of Mount Bromo.
4. Enjoy the Sunrise
One of the most interesting and felt beauties on Mount Bromo is the sunrise. The beauty can be enjoyed on a ramp called the Peak Pananjakan.
Teletubbies Hill is actually a savannah meadow. On that hill the community can also enjoy the beauty of a vast expanse of flowers. The location of this hill is behind Mount Bromo, so it takes extra energy to be able to come north from the Probolinggo Regency. This hill offers an amazing view. When it is daytime, this hill looks beautiful with a stretch of green grass.
It never hurts to remember these five unique facts, so that if you visit Mount Bromo you can prove your own beauty.
Please click link below to get information package:
- East Java T0ur To Bali Island With Overland Trip 8 Days 7 Nights.
- East Java T0ur Package 5 Days 4 Nights.
- Package T0ur Ijen Crater, Mount Bromo, Batu Malang, Surabaya 5 Days 4 Nights.
- Bali Island T0ur Package 3 Days 2 Nights.
- Package T0ur Jogja 3 Days 2 Nights.
- T0ur Packages Surabaya Mount Bromo East Java 3 Days 2 Nights.
- T0ur Packages Jogjakarta,Bromo,Ijen,Bali Overland Tour 6 Days.
- Mount Br0mo Rafting T0ur Package Songa 2 Days 1 Night.
- Package T0urs: Mt.Br0mo,Kawah Ijen,Sukamade Beach Wonderful Trip.
- T0urs: Trekking Mt.Semeru Bromo 4 Days 3 Nights Trip.
- Climbing: M0unt Semeru Ranu Kumbolo Lake 3 Days Trip.
- Package T0urs: M0unt Semeru Trekking The Highest Peak In Java.
- T0urs: Jogja, Br0mo, Ijen Crater, Bali Overland 10 Days.
- T0urs: Yogyakarta, Mt.Bromo, Kawah Ijen, Bali 7 Days.
- Package T0ur M0unt Brom0 Midnight 1 Day Trip with Affordable Price.
- Package T0ur M0unt Brom0 Madakaripura Waterfall In 2 Days.
- Ijen Crater T0ur Package Blue Flame 2 Days 1 Night.
- Package T0urs: Mount Brom0 Ijen Crater Tour 3 Days 2 Nights.
Address : JL. Raya Bromo No. 53 Triwunglor, Probolinggo, East Java, Indonesia
Phone : +62 335 434 183
Call / Whatsapp : +62 82145724443
Email : email@example.com
Well, that’s above the explanation about mount bromo march, Hopefully it is useful. Thanks.